The Salvation Army seeks to respond to as many of those reaching out for assistance as possible, either through the weekday mass feeding program, food pantry, women and children’s shelter, transitional housing, human services, ministry, clothing assistance from its thrift store, Christmas assistance to families in need, youth programs in the Shifler Family Community Center or a summer camp experience for underprivileged youth. The population served by The Salvation Army, Hagerstown Command, is unserved and underserved individuals and families throughout Washington County, those for whom poverty is a way of life.
Motivated by the love of God, as a leader in Christian faith-based human services, The Salvation Army is committed to serving the whole person, body, mind and spirit, with integrity and respect, using creative solutions to positively transform lives.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army is a worldwide church
- The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by inspiration of God, and that they only constitute the Divine rule of Christian faith and practice.
- There is only one God, who is infinitely perfect, the Creator, Preserver, and Governor of all things, and who is the only proper object of religious worship.
- There are three persons in the Godhead – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, undivided in essesce and co-equal in power and glory.
- In the person of Jesus Christ, the Divine and human natures are united, so that He is truly and pro-perly God and truly and properly man.
- Our first parents were created in a state of innocence, but by their disobedience, they lost their purity and happiness, and that in consequence of their fall, all men have become sinners, totally depraved and as suck are justly exposed to the wrath of God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ has, by His suffering and death, made an atonement for the whole world so that whosoever believes in Him may be saved.
- Repentance toward God, faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit are necessary to salvation.
- We are justified by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and that he that believeth hath the witness in himself.
- Continuance in a state of salvation depends upon continued obedient faith in Christ.
- It is the privilege of all believers to be wholly sanctified, and that their whole spirit and soul band body may be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the immortality of the soul, in the resurrection of the body, in the general judgement at the end of the world, in the eternal happiness of the righteous, and in the endless punishment of the wicked.
Opportunities for Worship & Service
Sunday School 10:00 AM
Worship Service 11:00 AM
Youth and Music Programs
Mondays 5:00 PM
Together Tuesdays 10:00 AM
Adult Bible Study
Thursdays at 6:00 PM
Men’s and Woman’s Ministries
Thursdays at 7:00 P
Community Care with Gary Dawson
Every Second & Third Sunday at 1:30 PM
Every Fourth Wednesday at 10:30 AM